Do you have a special night coming up or perhaps a vacation next week? Do not let your monthly cycle put a snag in you having a great time. Maybe your periods have been irregular and you are trying to make them come like clockwork. Trying to make your period come faster is not that difficult to achieve, just be sure to plan accordingly. You can try some safe, home remedies or make an appointment to discuss it with your doctor.
If you want to try the medical route first, always talk to a trusted doctor before trying anything. You will never want to take more medicine than originally prescribed.
· Birth Control: If you are taking birth control pills, you have two options to either speed up your cycle or skip it all together. If you want your period to come faster, switch to your placebo pills and if you want to skip your period for the month, skip those placebo pills and begin taking the hormonal ones.
· Hormone Injections: Another option to ask your doctor about is hormone injections instead of birth control pills. This will take some planning on your part though, so be sure to ask your doctor with plenty of time.
If you do not want to take time to go to a doctor or just prefer natural remedies to try to make your period come faster, then you will enjoy the following ideas:
· Have sex! Having sex increases blood flow to the vagina and uterus. It also makes the uterus contract and after contracting, the uterus will relax which triggers the shedding of the lining. Sex also softens the cervix due to all of the hormones involved.
· Take a hot bath or using a heating pad: Anything to increase your body temperature and at the same time lowers your stress is a good combination to encourage your period to start. Being a little extra warm will dilate blood vessels, which are useful for inducing periods.
· Physical Exercise: In moderation, exercise can be beneficial because it improves circulation throughout your body. It also reduces stress levels. Find something you enjoy instead of forcing yourself to do an exercise that just makes your grumpy. This simple trick will help you for sure.
· Hanging out with other women: If you have sisters close in age or lived with roommates for a long period of time, you might notice a natural phenomenon that occurs – everyone synchs up with their periods! No one is sure why this happens, but if you notice a friend who starts her period before you, start hanging out more!
· Food tips: High doses of vitamin C – found in oranges, pineapple, kiwi, lemon, and papaya will produce estrogen in the body, which in turn creates a thicker lining of your uterus…, which is what you want to make your period come faster. There are a handful of herbal teas to try as well. These teas are called emmenagogues. You may want to consult your doctor before trying these because they can cause some other side effects. Mild teas include chamomile, parsley, ginger, rosemary, and sage. If you are a meat eater, you can also increase your meat consumption to make your body warmer. Eating enough calories is vital to keeping your body warm. A warm body, with a consistent temperature of 98.6 degrees F is ideal.
· Reduce stress: Being stressed is so stressful! When we are stressed, our bodies produce more cortisol, which just wreaks havoc on our entire system. When stressed, we tend to get less sleep, eating sensibly goes out the window; we also laugh less. Stress will cause your hormones to get out of whack meaning a delay in periods or stopping them all together. Be sure to find ways to unwind, relax, and have fun.
· Being aware of your weight: Being overweight or underweight can cause problems with your period. Be sure to understand your body and figure out what your healthy weight is.
In conclusion, make sure you give yourself plenty of time to try these home remedies or schedule an appointment with your doctor. Be sure you know why you want to alter your menstrual cycle too. Sometimes we just need to trust our bodies more.
more information can be found on barenakedlife.com.